What is a Virtual Desktop?
BoltonSmith’s Virtual-Hosted Desktop Solution is a comprehensive system that pushes the envelope of business computing. Powered by VMware View Technology, this service enables your organization to embrace the numerous strengths of virtual desktops without the need for licenses, infrastructure, or considerable IT training.
Our support staff has extensive experience as certified VMware engineers, and will work with your IT department to design a Virtual Desktop environment according to your business needs.
Whether your company intends to deploy an in-house system or utilize a BoltonSmith-hosted Desktop Service, our technical staff can build a road map for your organization and guide you through a smooth integration.
What is Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)?
A Virtual Desktop serves as a replacement for the computer towers at the employees’ desks. Programs and files are accessed and stored on these servers, and the machines at the office are used simply to interact with and transmit input from the user to the server.
How do VDIs integrate with existing systems?
While the transition from a traditional computing structure to a Virtual Desktop environment might appear to be a complicated and intrusive process, there is almost no disruption at all. The majority of the process lies in server preparation, and in training your IT staff to perform administration duties.
- Seamless integration with your current IT infrastructure
- Templates can be designed to instantly create and provision new desktops
- Deploy applications and patches instantly
- Integrates with Microsoft's Active Directory to manage user &
group permissions and to associate policies with virtual hosted
Virtual Desktop systems are designed to be as easy-to-use as possible. End-users are able to quickly and easily resume their work, and can be guided through the new range of available functions without difficulty.
- Simplified desktop management
- Reliable and familiar desktop regardless of the means of access (laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc.)
- Upgrading to the latest OS has never been easier
Aside from the wide array of new administrative functions available to your IT department via the Web-based Desktop Management console, end-users will be provided with a much greater facility for mobile access and improved computing.
- Freedom and flexibility to access your desktop from any location and on any device (Desktop, Thin/Zero Clients, Mobile Tablets and Phones)
- Check Out/In your desktop to continue working offline (i.e. in flight or without a network connection)
- Remotely access physical computers located at your office
- Virtual Desktops are capable of 3D Images and HD Video
- Desktops utilize server-grade CPUs and Memory for higher application speeds
- Easily connect and utilize local devices, such as:
- Local or Network printers
- USB Devices
- Multiple Monitors
- Non-stop desktop (seamlessly transfer between a computer and mobile devices)
- Shared files/folders for collaborative projects across multiple office locations
How does BoltonSmith ensure security and reliability?
Virtual Desktop systems are outfitted with an extensive suite of defensive measures and fail-safes, ensuring that your network and data is completely protected from attacks and potential equipment failures.
- Applications and patches can be deployed instantly to pools of desktops
- Two-Factor authentication options available for increased security
- Corporate desktops are separated from your physical network for additional security and virus prevention
- Sensitive corporate data stored in highly-protected data centers
- Centralized Anti-Virus Protection
- Advanced Networking Security options available for every desktop
Can vDesks save costs?
Yes! Virtual Desktop solutions offer a number of opportunities for cutting expenses without sacrificing employee productivity. By centralizing the core of your computing infrastructure to a cloud environment, a significant portion of your computing expenses can be condensed, allowing you to reduce overhead costs across a wider spectrum of your computing infrastructure and to achieve a greater return on investment.
- Provides scalability of resources to increase desktop performance without any requirement to replace or upgrade end-user hardware
- Access Business Applications without having to purchase licenses for each individual device (iPad, iPhone, Laptop, Desktop Computer)
- Computing performance is independent of the quality of end-point machines, allowing less expensive or older devices to perform equally well
- End-point devices do not require regular replacement